Today: 30/01/2023 05:00:50 (GMT+7)
THE SPECIALIZED PAGE OF BAC GIANG NEWSPAPER ONLINE

HCMC woman dies after anesthesia for liposuction

A 25-year-old woman died after receiving anesthesia for a liposuction at a HCMC beauty center.

An inspector for the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health on Tuesday said the woman came to the Key Beauty Center facility in Phu Nhuan District for a liposuction on November 26. After receiving anesthesia, she began to display signs of heart and breathing stoppage.

HCMC woman, dies, anesthesia for liposuction, 25-year-old woman, HCMC beauty center, heart and breathing stoppage, cause of death

A liposuction procedure.

People tried to resuscitate her and transferred her to the Saigon ITO Phu Nhuan Hospital, then the Cho Ray Hospital, but she eventually died on November 29.

Doctors suspected her cause of death to be anaphylactic shock following the administration of anesthesia.

Authorities then performed a check on the Key Beauty Center, and discovered that the facility's billboard has been removed. The two-story building was under repair and rooms were being cleaned out.

According to the health department, the landlord of the building said the person who rented it was in "skincare" business, but vacated and returned the building on December 1.

The health inspector said the beauty center was not approved for consmetic surgeries. An investigation is ongoing.

Multiple deaths involving cosmetic surgery complications have been recorded in HCMC since the beginning of this year. In April, a 61-year-old woman died after a fat transfer breast augmentation procedure, and in March, another 33-year-old also died following a similar procedure.

14 hospitalized after funeral drinking session, 3 in critical condition
Three people are in critical condition after 14 people were hospitalized in the Mekong Delta’s Kien Giang Province with convulsions after drinking alcohol at a funeral.
 
HCMC hospital meets int'l standard in treating heart failure
Gia Dinh People's Hospital has become the first in Ho Chi Minh City to be recognized by the American Heart Association (AHA).
 
Hanoi hospitals cope with multiple disease outbreaks among children
Doctors in Hanoi hospitals are overwhelmed by the number of child patients coming with respiratory diseases as the season changes.
 
Suspected methanol poisoning sees 2 students die, six hospitalized
Two college students in Ho Chi Minh City died while six others remain in critical condition after drinking alcohol of unknown origin at a street stall, with methanol poisoning the main suspect.
 
108 Military Central Hospital receives Asia Pacific Hand Hygiene Excellence Award and Innovation Award
108 Military Central Hospital is among the five hospitals to receive the Asia Pacific Hand Hygiene Excellence Award and Innovation Award 2022.
 

Source: VnExpress

HCMC woman, dies, anesthesia for liposuction, 25-year-old woman, HCMC beauty center, heart and breathing stoppage, cause of death
 
New comment has just been added. Click here
Sort:NewBest News